NEW COURSE! April 14th 2021! An Osteopathic Approach to Treatment of Infants with GER/GERD (“REFLUX”)
An Osteopathic Approach to Treatment of Infants with GER/GERD (“REFLUX”)
About the course
This course is designed for qualified osteopaths that seek to expand their knowledge in the paediatric field, including newly qualified osteopaths who
have limited or no experience in treating children as well as osteopaths with
more paediatric experience who may want to refresh and broaden their knowledge in this field.
The course content will be based on the paediatric population and how the anatomy and physiology of this age group make them particularly vulnerable to problems linked to this disorder. Although the courses will focus on the treatment of infants, the
approach is applicable to the treatment of older children.
The course format is mainly theoretical, with a small amount of group work and presentation of relevant manual techniques.
Course content includes the embryology and anatomy of the upper digestion system. The possible causes of GER/GERD and prevalence.
The effect of GER/GERD on structures related to the digestion system.
The different explanations for GER/GERD. Examination, signs, symptoms and differential diagnosis of GER/GERD.
Interdisciplinary collaboration when treating patients with GER/GERD.
The different types of GER/GERD.
The manual evaluation and treatment of structures in the body related to GER/GERD. The course content is based on the available research.
Particular attention will be given to how the manual approach can have an influence of the wellbeing of the infant suffering from GER/GERD.
Course Topics & Learning Outcome
- ̈ Understand what GER/GERD is
- ̈ Know the prevalence, incidence and possible causes of GER/GERD
- ̈ Gain a deep knowledge of the embryology and anatomy of the upper digestivesystem.
- ̈ Know the different theories on GER/GERD
- ̈ Be able to test and examine an infant with GER/GERD
- ̈ Recognize the signs and symptoms of GER/GERD
- ̈ Know the treatment options for GER/GERD and who to refer to andcollaborate with for the best result
- ̈ Be able to apply osteopathic paediatric knowledge and principles in thetreatment and management of infants with GER/GERD
- ̈ Recognize the possible long-term effects on the body
- ̈ Relevant research
- ̈ FAQCourse SuitabilityThis course is suitable for qualified osteopaths.
Didde Thorsted is an Aut. Physiotherapist, Aut. Osteopat DO. M.R.O.DK & DPO, she also holds a degree in Naturopathy.
Didde is a co-owner of Qklinik, five osteopathic clinics in the heart of and around Copenhagen, that specialises in the treatment of women and children.
She has worked in the paediatric field for more than 20 years, and since 2010 exclusively with 0-12 year olds, with a majority of clients under one year of age. She has participated in considerable amount of paediatric courses locally and abroad, along with craniosacral therapy at The Upledger Institute and visceral treatment at The Barral Institute, with primary focus on paediatric treatment. Didde is the founder and chairperson of The Danish Society of Paediatric Osteopathy (DSPO) and Danske Børneosteopater (DBO), and is a well recognised lecturer in Denmark and internationally on issues relating to osteopathic paediatric treatment.
As well as being the proud mother of four wonderful children.
more info en registration: