NEW COURSE: ‘Effects of toxic overload in the Gut-Brain Axis – what role does osteopathy play?’ | March 5th and 6th 2021 @Panta Rhei Opleidingen
The course aims to explore the impact of toxic overload on the general and paediatric population and its potential harmful effect on the gut-brain axis.
We will explore the physiological and psychological pathways of increased toxicity levels, giving an overview of its signs and symptoms. We will also explore diagnostic tools used nowadays and potential ways to detox and replenish the system.
The course will also explore the possible role of osteopathy in restoring the well-functioning of the disrupted physiological system due to toxic exposure and its influence on the gut-brain axis. It will also explore evidence of therapeutic manual techniques that may be used to assess and possibly reduce the effects of toxic overload in the gastrointestinal system.
Proposed curriculum delivered in 2 days:
- Normal Metabolic Pathways
- Physiology of the gut-brain axis
- The role of the toxicants in stress, mood, and central nervous system disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Intestinal microbiota and Brain
- The microbiome and the mental health – how can we help
- prebiotics, probiotics, and dietary change
- Evidence base use of manual therapy and its effects on the detoxification pathways
- Lymphatic System
- Endocrinological System
- Neurological System – Enteric Nervous System
- Hands on Osteopathic techniques